Transcriptions are the heart of the expansion of an instrument’s repertoire. This project intends to open a place in the guitar repertoire for J.S. Bach’s sonatas for violin and harpsichord. Since the nature of this composition is that of a duet in a trio sonata character, I have chosen to pair the guitar with the saxophone. This transcription will help to increase the amount of chamber repertoire written and arranged for this instrument combination.
J.S. Bach wrote 6 sonatas for harpsichord and violin. Each sonata is a compendium of 4 movements following the slow-fast alternation. It is the intention of this project to complete the transcription of one slow movement: the third movement from BWV 1016. This project will encompass a total of 10 weeks, I will update the progress of my transcription and the challenges I encounter each week. Please click on each update in order to be redirected to each update.
- Project Update #8: Project Completed!
BWV 1016:Adagio ma non tanto / PDF
- Project update # 7: Conquering Finale
- Project update # 6: Transcription completed + First audio sample
- Project update # 5: Revising the transcription, and more transcribing!
- Project update # 4: Transcribing the Guitar part (continuation)
- Project update # 3: Listening week
- Project update # 2: Transcribing the Guitar part
- Project update # 1: Transcribing the Saxophone part
One thought on “Project”
Gorgeous playing, Ms. Acosta Zavala! I can’t wait to follow you each week to see how your project turns out.